Dr. A.S. Dhaliwal
M.Sc. (Physics) 1985- Punjabi University, Patiala
M.Phil. (Materials science)- A Grade -1986- Punjabi University, Patiala
Ph.D. (Atomic Physics)- 1991- Punjabi University, Patiala
Assistant Professor at Thapar Institute of Engg. & Tech., Patiala from 15.10.1991 to 20.06.1996 (Teaching, Research)
Assistant/Associate Professor SLIET, Longowal from 21.06.1996 to 20.06.2004 (Teaching, Research)
Professor, SLIET, Longowal from 21.06.2004 to till date (Teaching, Research)
Indian Society for Radiation Physics (Life member)
Career Award for Young Teachers, AICTE, New Delhi (2001)
The following students have obtained their Ph.D. degree under my supervision at SLIET, Longowal (Punjab)
1. Tajinder Singh, 2010, Studies of bremsstrahlung in thick metallic targets produced by continuous beta particles.
2. Baltej Singh, 2011, Experimental measurement of K and LIII subshell jump ratios and photon attenuation coefficient in different media.
3. Vijay Kumar, 2012, Characterization of conducting polymer composites and non-conducting polymers with exposure of Neutrons, Gamma rays and charged particles.
4. Yasir Ali, 2013, Synthesis and Characterization of Metal conducting polymer composites and study of effect of irradiation.
5. Amrit Singh, 2015, Beta ray bremsstrahlung studies in the photon energy range of 1 keV – 100 keV.
6. Manoj Kumar Gupta, 2016, Measurement of absorption edge jump ratio, jump factor and attenuation coefficient in different environment.
7. Gurinderjeet Singh, 2018, Measurement of Llll absorption edge Jump Ratio, Jump factor and Attenuation Coefficient of Superconducting materials.
8. Jagdeep Singh, 2020, Biodegradable Flocculants based on Metal Polysaccharides Nanocomposites for the Controlled Drug and Fertilizer Release Devices.
9. Namita Bansal, 2020, Dielectric Properties of Some Biological Materials at Radio and Microwave Frequencies
Areas of Specialization:
Nuclear Physics, Experimental Physics, Material Synthesis and Characterization, Polymers, Nanocomposite, Radiation Detection, Radiation Protection, Radioactivity, Gamma Spectrometry, X-Ray Spectroscopy
Copyright © 2021 , Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal - 148106 Distt. Sangrur, Punjab, India
Developed & Maintained by Administrative Computer Services System (A.C.S.S), SLIET