To create a good seat of physics education.
The physics department is committed to impart quality education both in theoretical as well as experimental physics with special emphasis on ‘learning by doing’ for socio-economic growth.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The PEOs of Physics Department are compatible with the vision and mission of the institute and are as following:
PEO 1: To impart quality education in physics to students so as they become globally competitive physicist.
PEO 2: To make the students to accept the challenges in physics and can effectively disseminate the physics knowledge to coming generations.
PEO 3: To create strong interest in physics so as students can further develop themselves through self-study.
PEO 4: To create a sense of ethical responsibilities among students.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
M.Sc Physics students of Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology will keep the ability to:
1. Apply principles/laws of physics to solve the physical problems.
2. Identify/formulate the complex physics problems.
3. Design the solutions for physics problems.
4. Conduct experiments in physics and interpret the data.
5. Use the modern tools to learn the physics.
6. Take the responsibility for physics practice.
7. Demonstrate the physics knowledge for sustainable development.
8. Use ethical principles and norms of physics practice.
9. Function effectively as individual as well as in a team.
10. Communicate the physics effectively.
11. Demonstrate the knowledge in physics to manage the physics projects effectively.
12. Lifelong learning of physics.
Copyright © 2019 , Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal - 148106 Distt. Sangrur, Punjab, India
Developed & Maintained by Administrative Computer Services System (A.C.S.S), SLIET